Marketplace > Live & On-Demand Webinars > Business-Driven Project Focus
Business-Driven Project Focus:
10 Tools of High-Value, High-Return Project Managers
Presented by Cinda Voegtli,
Founder & President of ProjectConnections
1.5 Category A PDUs
Don't let project results get in the way of business results!
You can get by on end-dates and task lists handed down from on high... if you're lucky. But the really successful teams -- the ones management values -- go beyond all that. They understand business results. They know how their work impacts the bottom line. They understand how the project supports company goals (and what to do when it doesn't). They are business-driven
, not project-driven, and even in the face of risks, uncertainties, conflict, and resource constraints, these teams get real
Every team can, and should, have this business-driven project focus. In this session, ProjectConnections founder Cinda Voegtli explains the particular mindset of these teams -- and the business-savvy Project Managers who lead them. Her rich, fast-paced, practical presentation illustrates how these PMs and teams think, behave, and operate, and how those techniques lead to compelling project returns. Using tools, advice, and interactive Q&A, she will show you how to adopt this business-minded attitude on your projects right away.
- Understand the business-driven PM's compelling view of their role
- Hear what executives really expect from the PMs they've entrusted with their business
- Get Cinda's top 10 tools for establishing, quantifying, propagating, and protecting a project's business goals (and hear how she uses them)
- Find out what it looks like for the PM and team to focus tirelessly on business results, not just project results, in every phase of the project
Learn how to use these easy-to-adopt techniques to make business purpose the life-blood of your projects so that critical business results will be realized at the end -- and making you a high-value, high-return project manager.
Included in this download:
- Webinar handouts and recording
- A collection of related templates useful with several of the webinar concepts:
- Completion Criteria
- Performance Appraisal Process & Forms
- Project Alternatives Tradeoff Table
- Project Business Case
- Project Kickoff Meeting Agenda & Guidelines
- Project Manager Roles & Responsibilities
- Project Vision Document
- Speaking Up Checklist
- Strategic Project Prioritization Worksheet
- Strategic Project Selection Criteria
- Team Roles & Responsibilities List
- PDU Instructions -- Use this short review to verify your participation and receive a PDU certificate by email.
About the Presenter
Cinda has 20+ years of development and management experience in companies of different sizes, cultures, and radically different project environments, with years of line experience before and after falling into project management along the way. She has held senior management positions managing up to $50 million project budgets, and consulted on project and portfolio processes at corporations such as Lam Research, Nellcor, and Mobil Corporation. In her writing and speaking, Cinda brings frank and practical advice from years in the trenches in various executive, manager, and team member seats at the table, to help individuals and organizations be effective and successful at their business-critical projects.
©Copyright 2000-2013 Emprend, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
About us Site Map View current sponsorship opportunities (PDF)
Contact us for more information or e-mail email@example.com